It’s Emmy time again! This week is always so exciting as the last minute predictions make their way around the internets. I just want to put it out there that I rarely agree with the Emmy voters on what’s funny and what I think is a dramatic performance worthy of accolades, but there are times when they’re right on the money. Here’s what I’m thinking I would love to hear come Emmy award nominations, announced Thursday, July 16, by Chandra Wilson and Jim Parsons (please note that I don’t know enough about the Miniseries to weigh in on those categories)!
Keep in mind that the ideas I express below are simply my opinion, and I realize that I’m totally neglecting some amazing perfomances, but this is what I would LOVE to see, not what I expect to see!
- LOST – The show is careening towards an end, and I’m 100% on board. Sure, I don’t always get what I’m watching, but it’s fantastic getting there.
- 24 – I thought the end was a lot meandering and a lot uneventful, but it was still a really solid “day” for Jack Bauer!
- FRIDAY N IGHT LIGHTS – My favorite show of recent memory (perhaps one of my favorite shows ever), this show deserves serious recognition for an amazing 3rd season.
- BATTLESTAR GALACTICA – The finale of this show left me bawling for nearly 2 hours. That’s perfection.
- KINGS – this show got a bum rap. It’s phenomenal!
- BROTHERHOOD – Gritty and brilliant – I love this show!
Probable spoilers: MAD MEN, BREAKING BAD, TRUE BLOOD
- PUSHING DAISIES – If FRIDAY NIGHTS LIGHTS is my favorite drama, then PD is its comedy equivalent. Pitch perfect!
- THE OFFICE – The Michael Scott Paper Company episodes were some of the best of THE OFFICE’s 5 seasons!
- 30 ROCK – This no brainer is absolutely deserving, often times making me laugh out loud!
- THE BIG BANG THEORY – This show really stood out this season as one of the absolute funniest on TV!
- BETTER OFF TED – Easily the best show of the season (or one of the best), it’s brilliant and absurd and I would love to see it nominated!
- PARTY DOWN – One of the best on TV, hands down. It makes me laugh, almost uncontrollably. It helps that some of the smartest people in the biz are involved (Enbom and Etheridge and Thomas FTW!)!
Probable spoilers: TWO AND A HALF MEN, UNITED STATES OF TARA, CALIFORNICATION
What do you think?