At 10/9c tonight, you should be plopped down in front of your TV, readying yourself for the awesomeness of the PSYCH premiere. It’s been way too long (only a few months, but really, a few months too long) since we’ve gotten to spend time with Shawn, Gus, Jules, Lassie, and the rest of the gang, and tonight’s premiere is really great.
When Shawn brings Abigail (Rachael Leigh Cook guest stars) to a crime scene, to spend time with her, and impress her all at once, he claims that a death was not suicide, but rather foul play. Once the team finds out that the victim is in the Army, Juliet’s brother, played by WWE Superstar John Cena, gets involved in the case. Robert Patrick also guest stars as the Major General who takes issues with Shawn (because seriously, there’s always someone taking issue with Shawn).
Some things I loved in tonight’s episode:
- Gus’ new name as Shawn’s attaché
- John Cena in general. That man knows how to fill out a TShirt and he’s not a bad actor, either!
- The movement in Shawn and Abigail’s relationship and what it could lead to
- Robert Patrick doing what he does best – scaring the living crap out of me
- “Is there another type of idiocy that you would be more comfortable with?”
- “That is an anti tank weapon…” and what follows
Follow the jump for some sneak peek pics of tonight’s all new episode, and a little bonus video of “Private Eyes”! Tune in for an all new PSYCH at 10/9c on USA.
And just because: